Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Engine Management Light on my AUdi A4 started flashing?

I had only just bought an audi a4, 2004 and filled it with petrol. The light flashed on and off for about 20 mins and I had reduced performance in this time. Then everything returned to normal. I phoned the audi garage and they said it was prob dirty petrol and to wait and see if it happens again. SHould I insist on getting it tested?The Engine Management Light on my AUdi A4 started flashing?If the light is flashing quickly (about 3 times a second) and it beeps 3 times, dont drive on it. This happened to me a while ago and I found out that I had an oil leak and nearly all of the oil had drained. That resulted in a broken gasket that needed to be replaced.



A couple symptoms to diagnose this yourself:

Sluggish at low RPMs

Turbo spools too early (if you have a turbo)

White or blue smoke from your exhaust



Could be low on oil, have bad oil, or a blown gasket...but like I said before, if the red light flashes quickly and it beeps 3 times, dont drive on it under any circumstances, have it towed or you will end up with extensive engine damage



let me know if you have more questions- scottyshades@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment