Sunday, February 26, 2012

Is the Audi A4 or the BMW 335i a better car?

My father was just trying to decide which car to get. He really really wants a BMW but i'm thinking that the Audi is a better all around car. I'm just looking for viable opinions.Is the Audi A4 or the BMW 335i a better car?What year?



I'll assume 2008 new.



According to Consumer Reports, the 08 4 has top marks in most areas. For power equipment it's only average.

Squeaks %26amp; Rattles, Body Hardware, Power Equip. and Audio system are listed as one step down from Better.



The 335i awd had top marks except for Transmission Minor, Fuel System, Electrical System, Climate System, Squeaks %26amp; Rattles (one step down), and Body Hardware and Audio System were average.



The same car in RWD was very similar but was one step up from worst in Fuel System, and average in Audio and power equipment.



The coupe/convertible was better than both with one step down from best in Engine Major and power equipment, and average body hardware.



But overall, the AWD version got the best prediction.



If you're a subscriber you can see this for yourself. If not, you can get an idea of what I mean by one step up or down by going to the site and looking for used car rankings. You won't be able to see the detail but you'll see their rating system.



I know this isn't a bible, but I can tell you that for us, they've been spot on with at least 3 cars we've owned. 91 SHO - as predicted it had electrical problems. 97 Aurora - lemon. And at least one other prediction that came true that I can't recall offhand.



If it were me making this decision, I'd take these rankings into account, but just because the Audi got better marks doesn't mean the BMW should be out of the picture. By no means was it badly rated!



The other advantage is that with the BMW, you have a lot of different options. Since he's comparing two reliable cars, he should just choose whichever one appeals most to him.



He'll be getting a good car either way.Is the Audi A4 or the BMW 335i a better car?
If I were to place these vehicles into placements based soley on performance, the BMW would have slightly edged the Audi and only because of power. If comparing the old 330i and A4 3.2, the Audi would most certainly have taken my vote. So, best performing car goes to the 335i, best all round car would go to the A4. I am sure by that time, this comparison will be much closer. If Audi bumps up its' power a bit for the A4, then that would most certainly also make the competition tough.Is the Audi A4 or the BMW 335i a better car?I agree with the other people that have chosen the BMW. To get the same kind of performance as the 335i in an Audi, you would have to buy an S4, which is a cool car, but a lot more expensive than the Beamer. My uncle has a 335i and loves it. Its a great looking car. My dad, a former Formula Vee amateur driver, loved the power in that car as well as the handling. The Audi is a good car, but my friend's father has one and has been griping about for a long time because of all the repairs to it with the problems ranging from the electrical window systems to the engine. Overall, the BMW is a much better car and gives you a lot more bang for your buck.
We have both in our family - I have the 335i, my wife the Audi. They are both very good cars, but for performance, acceleration, handling and braking - sheer driving exhilaration - I definitely prefer the BMW.



Someone mentioned the BMW being unreliable, but I don't know where they got that, this is my fifth BMW and I have never had a mechanical failure. Many friends and family have similar experiences. I have a friend with a twenty year old 8 series V12 coupe and it looks, goes and even smells like a new car. They are built to last.Is the Audi A4 or the BMW 335i a better car?I have both an Audi and a Bimmer and contrary to what somebody just said that Audis are more reliable than the BMW.Since when? Audis hold their price better? When? Probably because BMW owners never sell their cars until they are too old and not running. But in my own experience my BM for 5 years performs a lot better, handles better and never breaks down. I bought a new Audi in May last year,better in snow by the way but from May to December 5x it kept going back to the dealership for "check engine" and couldn't find fault,malfunction indicator, electrical problems etc. It is a beauty but boy thanks for the back up car- the reliable one.Is the Audi A4 or the BMW 335i a better car?
nooooo sir the bmw will out perform and outlast that pos audi A4

audi uses VW parts and as nice as they look they are decieving if you gona get an audi dont get the A4 get the new Rs5 that right there is a beast.
MAN THIS CRAZY i am having the same dilemma Audi or Bimmer or Audi or Bimmer I don't know I think I am going to look for a used A8 but my wife has an A6 I don't wanna be a copy cat BIMMER it is.



Or maybe an Audi



Audi or Bimmer or Audi or Bimmer or Audi or Bimmer or Audi or Bimmer.Is the Audi A4 or the BMW 335i a better car?
We're talikng bout A4 here not S4. The 335 outperforms the A4. If it is the S4 then I'd say M3. But if you live in a place where it snows, the Audi would be a nice idea although you'll probably take it more often to the dealership for numerous faults. Beautiful car but disapponiting.
It depends on what you like better. If the Audi was the RS4 then the Audi is better but if you just want the A4 vs the 335i its his own personal preference. And just remember the 335i won Coupe of the year in Top Gear Australia magazine.
This depends on what you like. I'm a BMW guy. I drive BMW, but my wife drives Audi A8. Comparing A8 with BMW 323i, Audi is an art and BMW is a doodling on a napkin. If I get Audi, it would be only S4!!!
get the S4... or an RS4. You will enjoy it better than the BMW. The idiot who said that they use VW parts.. Duh. I can think of a few cars that BMW used VW parts and Porsche used Audi parts.
the bmw is sexyer

but the problem is bmw arent very relable cars so i would go with the audi
def the bmw, better looking car , faster , better handling , better body work etc
A-U-D-I. Audi. you can get a turbo 4 cylinder if you care about fuel effciency or a standard V-6.
Check Consumer Reports magazine for the best unbiased data.
i think audi.
Audi all the way man
audi hold their price better

No comments:

Post a Comment