Thursday, February 23, 2012

Just bought a 2000 Audi A6 2.7T, what would happen if I put reg or mid grade gas in it?

I know premium is the recommended fuel for this car. However, I'm also a college student looking to save a buck here or there so I was wondering what the repricussions would be if I put lower grade fuel in. Would it damage the fuel system or engine in any way, or would it just hurt the performance. Obviously if it would cause major problems that would be expensive to repair, I would rather just pay a little more for gas.Just bought a 2000 Audi A6 2.7T, what would happen if I put reg or mid grade gas in it?actually you can get away with 89 octane, there are different methods used for determining fuel grades and 89 is fine in the US. Read your owners manual, then compare the rating with the rating at your favorite gas stations. Stick with the big names if you can. I have/had Audi 200's, Volvo turbos and an S4, in all but the S I ran 89 without issue.Just bought a 2000 Audi A6 2.7T, what would happen if I put reg or mid grade gas in it?Heres what you need to know VERY VERY IMPORTANT the octane rating on gas is called ANTIKNOCK when an engine knocks it will cause major major major major MAJOR problems, all turbo charged and super charged cars require premium gas to prevent the knocking, I also recommend making sure you get a half way decent brand of premium gas, some guys will tell you you can buy regular and put a gas additive in, I don't think its worth the risk. Not to mention the knocking noise will VERY annoying lol.Just bought a 2000 Audi A6 2.7T, what would happen if I put reg or mid grade gas in it?Turbo engine - use the highest octane premium gasoline; or .......walk......Just bought a 2000 Audi A6 2.7T, what would happen if I put reg or mid grade gas in it?
There are 2 ratings for octane...HOWEVER, if you look at the inside of your gas door, you'll see that according to the R/M+2 rating method (which is what most gas stations use - you need at least 91 octane. DO NOT USE anything else. You will damage your engine, void your warranty, and God only knows what else. Go with 91 or 93 and you should be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment