Sunday, January 29, 2012

I'm trying to install a component speaker system in my '98 audi a4 .. What's the best way to go about this?

Hey all, here's the deal.



I'm running an aftermarket head unit in my '98 audi A4. Rather than running new wires to the rear speakers, I've decided to only use my front speakers. I was looking at some after market options, but I found out that the front speakers are only 4 inches! Can I put together a good component system with 4 inch speakers? Does anyone know if I can modify the car to fit 6.5" speakers?I'm trying to install a component speaker system in my '98 audi a4 .. What's the best way to go about this?have someone do the wiring and then just put them in the back,, it'll be a lot less of a headache (i wouldnt advise going to circuit city though, they messed up on my other car)I'm trying to install a component speaker system in my '98 audi a4 .. What's the best way to go about this?Hi - I have a 96 a4 and to be honest the standard stereo is good enough for me - but with regards to your question:



I am fairly sure a4's come with 8 speakers as standard - so there should already be cables running to the back speakers (on the parcel shelf.) you could use these to run your new back speakers and depending on their wattage have no issue.



With regards to front speakers you can get some pretty good 4" speakers in the uk, but modding to fit bigger ones will mean you have to do alot of reconstruction work to the doors. I would recommend adding bigger speakers to the parcel shelf over this out of sheer simplicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment