Sunday, January 29, 2012

Used car purchase: Audi vs Dodge (longevity is good?) Automobile buy repair sales bmw benz mustang ford?

I have heard good things about Audi longevity, many can last until 100k miles.

What about Dodge? I am planning to buy either a used Audi or Dodge Magnum, but will a Dodge hold up well past the 50,000 mile point? I have also heard that the Dodge Durango is bad for longevity but that is a SUV unlike the sedan Dodge Magnum.Used car purchase: Audi vs Dodge (longevity is good?) Automobile buy repair sales bmw benz mustang ford?I don't know if I've ever heard anybody refer to any recent Audi as "reliable".



I have many clients with Durango/Dakotas that are well past 150,000 miles.



Every Audi I have ever seen with over 120,000 miles has a LOT of valvetrain noise. Audi-philes defend their car's capabilities but they don't deny the clatter.



The Magnum is made up of various E and S-Class Mercedes bits. Those parts should be at least as good as any Audi. I hate the 2.7 V6 in anything Chrysler makes and don't recommend it at all. It has(had) a sludging problem, the water pump is nearly impossible to access and it's just too damn small for a big wagon.

The 3.5 is a little better. The 5.7 is a lot betterUsed car purchase: Audi vs Dodge (longevity is good?) Automobile buy repair sales bmw benz mustang ford?I used to own a Durango. It was absolutely the worst vehicle I've ever driven. Just a terrible vehicle.



Any car that you take care of will last well past 100K miles. If you ignore the routine mainenance it won't.



I love the look of the Magnum but would never own one for the simple reason it's a Dodge and I hated that Durango so much I'd never buy another Chrysler product.



I'd buy the Audi before I'd buy a Benz or a BMW.Used car purchase: Audi vs Dodge (longevity is good?) Automobile buy repair sales bmw benz mustang ford?I'd say go with the Audi. They make VERY nice and reliable vehicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment