Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My remote control on my Audi died. How can I reset it once I replace the battery?

1996 Audi Avant Wagon.

Quattro.

Thank You for your help.My remote control on my Audi died. How can I reset it once I replace the battery?There is a specific sequence you need to follow, as far as holding the button and putting the other key in the ignition. I don't remember it, but get on the forum at audiworld.com, and you will have many Audi techs answer your question...My remote control on my Audi died. How can I reset it once I replace the battery?Resetting the key after replacing the battery should be as simple as putting the key in the ignition and starting the vehicle. Only if a key has been lost should you have to go to an Audi dealership so the pin number for the lost key can be reset in the immobilizer system, so that if it is found by someone it cannot be used to start your vehicle.My remote control on my Audi died. How can I reset it once I replace the battery?Though I am sure the previous answer would work, I think there is another way as well. My remote died a couple of months ago. I guess 6 years is a good lifespan for the original batteries. All I did was head on down to my local RadioShack, picked up two equivalent wafer batteries, followed the directions in the owners manual for replacement and then used the remote to mechanically lock and unlock the car a few times. Good as new, Bob's your uncle.My remote control on my Audi died. How can I reset it once I replace the battery?
Sorry don't think you can without the help of Audi service agent - give your local dealership a call as it probably needs to be re-coded to the car.



Don't let them charge you heaps this is a 5 minute process.

No comments:

Post a Comment